Want some meatballs with a different twist…well, this should fit the bill.
2 pounds Ground Chuck (lean)
1 pound shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 large bell pepper (diced)
1 large yellow onion (diced)
1 cup diced celery
4 ounces unsalted butter
2 cans Ro-tel Tomatoes (with jalapeno peppers, drained completely)
1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
1 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
3 raw jumbo eggs
1 large saute skillet
1 large mixing bowl
1 large Baking aluminum sheet pan (sprayed with Pam)
1. Melt butter in saute skillet over medium flame, then throw in bell pepper, onion, and celery, cooking till halfway done. Set aside and let cool.
2. In mixing bowl, combine ground chuck, cooled sauteed veggies, Ro-tel tomatoes, cheddar cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, and Creole seasoning, incorporating thoroughly.
3. Form meatloaf mixture into one inch spheres and place on greased sheet pan.
4. Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until firm to touch. Check one out to make sure they’re cooked good.
5. Cheesy Spanish Meatloaf Balls are good served at room temperature on a festive party tray or warm in a Chaffin’ dish set-up. Have a cup of long party toothpicks for your guests to use for plucking ‘em suckers up!