1) No falling in love
2) No lasting relationships beyond the first date unless agreed upon by both partners
3) No lying, no secrets … all questions will be answered
4) Honesty … all questions will be answered
5) Trust … all questions will be answered
6) Family comes first
7) All “dates” will be once per month unless agreed upon by both partners
8) After our nights out we will concentrate on our relationship …
9) We will not give out our personal information or receive any personal information
10) We will try and go out with a friend who is aware of our open marriage. That person will be aware of who we are with, will have “our date’s” personal cell phone number and know the address were we are at all times. This includes hotel name and room number. If by chance we can not go with someone then we will go together.
11) A condom will be used at all times … STDs and pregnancy is cause for closing down the open marriage and lead to possible divorce. Yes, we know that there is still a chance for HPV … unfortunately we cannot microwave our partners. We will check carefully … she will get the vaccine.
12) Home before the kids are up … usually before 7 a.m. … no excuses … no phone calls saying we will be late
13) No dating anyone from our work place unless agreed upon by both partners
14) No drugs
15) Sex in our own bed/house/car is off limits to anyone else
16) No weekend trips
17) Any changes in the rules will have to be agreed on by both of us
18) There will be no talk of divorce … this is not an option
19) The open marriage can be stopped by any one person without reason
20) There will be no excessive jealousy
21) No cell phone calls, no text messaging, no emails
22) Phone records, computer emails can be accessed at any time
23) Further rules can be agree upon by both partners
If someone falls in love … the open marriage is of course over and the offending partner agrees to move out immediately, pay half the mortgage, half the electric bill, and half childcare. The children will stay in their home … the house will become common ground. The offending partner will be allowed to move back in temporarily if the relationship goes south until suitable housing can be found. The offending partner will be allowed to visit the kids at any time, day or night within reason.