Regular activities such as drying or bathing may release moisture from skin. In addition, bathing reduces the skin moisture leaving it dry and rough. Here, skin removes the oily layer and it results in reducing skin moisture.
There are various types of moisturizing products available. However, it is important to purchase a skin care product, which suits the skin best. Do not select the wrong moisturizer, as it may affect the skin. For dry skin, there are different products such as oil based creams or water based lotions. It is good to use creams, as they are more effective than water based lotions.
Below mentioned are some of the useful tips to treat dry skin:
Tips to Treat Dry Skin
Do not use harsh soaps. However, it is best to use moisturizing soaps. In fact, there are many cleansing and moisturizing soaps available for skin. Select the one that is more suitable to the skin and woks best for dry skin.
- Make use of lukewarm water for shower or bathing. Do not bathe for a long time, as it makes the skin extremely dry. Avoid bathing twice or thrice a day, as frequent bathing removes moisture and essential oil layers from the skin leaving the skin rough and dry.
- Avoid using deodorant soaps frequently, as these soaps are usually are very harsh and affect the skin.
- Do not use rough material cloth for cleansing. When using a towel for drying skin, avoid rubbing the skin. Instead, use soft or gentle towel. It is better to pat dry the skin, as this will not absorb all the moisture from the skin.
- After taking a bath, always apply a moisturizer to the skin. It keeps the skin smooth and supple. Some people have very hard and dry skin, so for them, it is good to apply skin oil on after bathing. This will lock the moisture in the skin. Individuals may also apply moisturizing creams at bedtime.
- One of the best ways to deal with dry skin conditions is to apply sunscreen lotion on the body parts, which are directly exposed to sun. This helps to protect the skin from dryness retaining its moisture. There are various sunscreen products available. Choose the one that suits the skin best.
- Wear light cotton clothes, as it is good for dry skin. Do not use scratchy or fabrics made of wool. These types of material are not suitable for dry skin and may cause itching.
Dry skin removes the much-needed moisture from the skin. This in turn results in an unattractive and flaky skin. Thus, it is necessary to take proper care of dry skin.