I know you are lonely.
Spring is almost here and you see couples holding hands everywhere you go and you are dreading being alone … again.
I know that the economy is depressing and you are surrounded with annoying people day and night.
I also know that you can do something about it.
Did you know that focused attention to any one of the five senses brings you physiologically into the present. Where your body leads, your mind will follow. When one of your senses is consciously engaged you can feel you body relax, if you are paying attention, and that will calm you. You will actually feel better. The body always feels better when it is relaxed.
When you are in the present, aware of your physical world, you are actually more attractive to those people who will bring fun and love into your life!
Let your nose lead the way and choose aromas you are drawn to during creative or productive times of day. Bring something that smells amazing into your home. Be willing to invest in yourself in this small way. When attracted to a scent, buy it. Then choose to notice it.
Here are five ways to connect to your nose, it does know best, after all!!
1. Get several aromatic candles. Visit a candle store and just keep smelling them until you find one you really like. If you don’t like any of them, just wait till a different time and try again. You will be drawn to certain aromas. Invest in that aroma and when you get it home enjoy it consciously.
2. Bring fresh flowers into your home. This is a simple thing to do. Find a farmer’s market near you and shop there the same way. See which ones smell the best to you. I often buy two bouquets at a time. Even supermarkets carry aromatic bunches year round. Of course, you do have to put up with the side effect of stunning beauty that now lives in your environment!
3. Go outside. Go outside on purpose three more times than you typically do every day for a week. Three calculated times and during each one, smell deeply. Close your eyes and smell deeply. Make it a goal that at least three times that week, you get to a beautiful place, park, zoo, beach, museum, and focus on what those places smell like. Breathe it in.
3. Open the windows. Even if it is cold outside, just go open the windows and let air in every room. Amazing how we don’t think to do that. Allowing a stream of air run through your home will always leave you feeling refreshed. Notice how different the house smells when you have opened it up.
4. Light incense. Incense has been used for thousands of years to transform the energy of a room. There are certain scents that have specific properties that inspire various moods. When you go to an incense shop, smell them first before you see what they are good for. You will be drawn by what you like.
5. Oil rings. At your neighborhood New Age shop, you can find oil essences and a ring that goes around a light bulb. As the bulb gets warm, a gentle fragrance fills the room. This can be more subtle than incense.
Just focusing on what you are smelling and making conscious choices to smell things on purpose for a week will bring you to a real sense of presence. Body awareness is the key to outrageous self confidence.
Try it for a week, I dare ya!
Bonus Exercise: Just choose to enjoy the aromas that are around you every day when you slice in to an orange, grind your coffee, walk in to a barbecue place, or make toast, I won’t tell anybody!
Bonus Romance Reward: When you are “in the moment,” aware of what it is you are sensing with your body at any one moment, you are your authentic self and right in that moment you are attracting the love you desire. Spend as many of these moments as you can, that’s right, spend them. You are investing those moments of awareness and relaxing the body are you at your best. Who wouldn’t fall in love with that in a woman.