1) Aromatherapy: use pure rose or sandalwood oils. You can even spritz these cooling oils on your skin.
2) Eat lots of sweet, juicy fruits—avoid sour fruit.
3) Avoid spicy or salty food.
4) Cook with cooling herbs like cilantro and fennel.
5) Avoid excessive heat or sun – stay out of the sun from 10 a.m. until it cools down.
6) Hang out with people who bring out your positive side.
7) Avoid disagreeable people or violent television.
8) Give yourself an oil massage with cooling coconut oil.
9) Go to bed by 10 to 10:30 p.m.
10) Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water and avoid alcohol and caffeine.
11) Speak sweetly and be respectful of others.
12) Engage in activities that bring you contentment and happiness.
13) Walk in nature, especially in cool environments like the woods, mountains and lakes.
14) Gaze into the night sky, bathe in the cooling light of the moon or walk into the rising sun for expanded awareness.
15) Wear cool colors: greens, blues and whites. Avoid the hot and spicy colors of red and orange.
16) Meditate twice a day.
Thanks to Sarah McLean, Sedona Meditation Training Co. for EmpowHer