Have a small home? Try these tricks for making the most of the space you have.
1. Go for armless or straight low arm sofas and chairs.
2. Use less furniture but pieces with ample presence in proper scale for the room.
3. Use fool the eye tricks like mirrors, glass, furniture on legs and striped walls to expand your space.
4. Make the most of cozy corners. Banquettes and benches are a great use of space.
5. Use double duty furniture. Make your furniture earn its space.
6. Built ins make smaller spaces feel less cluttered.
7. Streamline visual clutter by placing it in closed storage.
8. Focus on details to make a small room special.
9. Add more curves. Rounded corners add precious inches in a tiny room.
10. Define your style and stick to it throughout your house for visual flow and continuity.
Originally published on The Inspired Room 
Photo courtesy of The Inspired Room