I’m getting a bit tired of all the negative news about our one savior, aka. “the stimulus money.” Blah, blah, blah. Plus all the bad press about layoffs and rip-offs ends up overshadowing all the good stuff happening. Lots of companies are being innovative across many different industries and many former employees are stepping out on their own to become entrepreneurs.
So many people I know are reinventing themselves:
- A laid off administrative assistant launches her own interior decorating firm
- A soon-to-be empty-nester says “no” to going back to her financial services career and launches into training to be a yoga teacher
- A school teacher becomes a coach
- A mom becomes an author
- A former nurse opens an egg donor clinic
- A lawyer opens a homemade ice cream shop
Every single one of these people reinvented themselves by either following a passion or by filling a need that wasn’t being met in their community.
I get really excited about all the new enterprises because I know that my community is not unique—the call for reinvention is global.
So, how will you answer the call? I’d love to hear from you!