As a coach, I pride myself on my ability to create positive situations. I always tell people your thoughts are yours to choose, and nobody else’s. I tell people they can change every negative thought into a positive thought. I tell people to own their lives and make everyday full of everything you love and cherish. The problem with all of that … somebody had to tell me.
Yes, I know, don’t tell anyone but … I am not perfect. In fact, I am so far from perfect, it is absolutely exhilarating. That’s right—exhilarating! Because if I don’t have to be perfect, then I can do what I do best: live exactly the way I live right now. I can do all of the things I am great at, right now, which is the absolute best of my capabilities. I know I will grow, that is just going to happen inevitably, but right now, I get to just do what I am already doing, and that is perfect.
So now, it is your turn:
- Celebrate all of your successes right now.
- Write down all that you are grateful for.
- Name five reasons why you are awesome today.
- Write down the negative thoughts that float around in your head, and then find ways to make them positive (and believable to yourself)
- Write yourself a letter as your lover, then write all of the things they love about you.
- Stop allowing yourself to think that your life today isn’t the life you should be living.
- Don’t give power to anything to stop you from feeling every positive emotion right now (not ten pounds from today).
- Find all of the reasons why your thoughts are “stuck” and “un-stick” them.
When you can complete sentences like, “I am great because …” and “I am successful today because …” or “I am as happy as I can be today because …” you will show up so much more in your life. Suddenly, you will be the absolute fullest, most amazing version of you, and your life will respond in many positive ways for it.
Celebrate being imperfect with me, because there is really no other way to be. That is, this awesome.