Spring is the time of nature revelation and discovery. Just as plants peek out of the ground, so do snakes and other creatures that have rested over the winter. March is the time of Isis, moon mother and mother of the sea. Snakes are one of her symbols. This ritual respectfully conjures her symbolic reptile, paying tribute to her while invoking her healing spirit.
1. Draw a bath.
2. Add 1/2 cup each Epsom salt, coarse sea salt, and coarse Dead Sea salt.
3. Put on a piece of moonstone (ring, necklace, bracelet, or anklet).
4. Light a blue candle, place on a fireproof container near the bathtub.
5. Bring a crystal ball with you into the bath.
6. Gaze at the candle as you breathe deeply and very slowly until you are very relaxed. Imagine that you are bathing in the smoke of Isis.
7. Call her name quietly but deliberately, drawing it out slowly like a snake’s hiss, “I-sis, I-sis, I-sis” for about five minutes.
8. Lift the crystal ball into the air once you feel the spirit of Isis within the room. Hold the ball in front of the candle flame. See what is in store as you divine by scrying both fire and crystal.