If there is one thing I have learned from dieting it is the less variety in my diet the more food I will in turn eat. It also shows me that if I don’t fill my weeks with a variety of different, delicious foods, I will constantly have a desire to eat out. But here’s the thing, I can cook better than most of the restaurants out there, and let me tell you I am not some fabulous cook either. My food however is always prepared with high quality, fresh ingredients, and at most restaurants that is not a guarantee. So if my food tastes better than most restaurants, the only reason why I am thinking about eating out, is to have a different taste in my mouth. Here’s the good news… you can create millions of different tastes right at home.
- Cookbooks, cook websites, cook iPhone apps. Recipes are thrown at us from several different locations. You can find vegetarian recipes, crock-pot recipes, raw recipes, literally anything! Look up what dishes you want to create and then set up your meals to enjoy several different flavors and dishes all week long.
- Try new foods. If a recipe calls for ingredients you haven’t tried before, try them! What’s the worst that can happen? You don’t like it, you don’t make it again, but at least try it. You never know what you will discover.
- Vary your workouts. There are so many ways to workout and move your body. There is no reason why you just have to utilize the gym. Start experimenting with other ways to workout, your body will absolutely love you for it!
- Vary your look. If you always wear and style yourself the same way everyday, do something new. I remember putting my hair in a braid once, and I had never gotten so many compliments. It’s not that it looked all that different from a ponytail, but it was something different, therefore it was more attractive. Don’t be afraid to do something different with your hair, make up or outfits. As long as you feel amazing walking out the door, it is your style.
- Get out of your rut. If you feel like you are stuck or in a rut, change little things in your day. Maybe you wake up fifteen min earlier to cook a great breakfast. Maybe you sleep fifteen min later and shower at night. Anything to switch up your day. Try working out on your lunch break instead of after work, try working out in the morning instead of leaving it for later. If you feel stuck, you are the only person that can make you un-stuck.
Variety will allow you to live an exciting, fulfilling, delicious life. Don’t get stuck in a routine, life should never be a routine. It’s time to stop playing small, and begin living big.