Yesterday I was both surprised and a little pleased when I noticed that a guy customer was flirting with me at work! I’m a happily married woman, and although I have to admit that he was pretty cute, I didn’t flirt back and was very professional. It has been a long time since a man hit on me. It was very interesting to say the least. So girls, I thought I would do a quick list on how to know if a guy likes you. Here it is. Ask yourself, does he …
- Look you in the eyes and smile?
- Go out of his way to pick you out for conversation (this guy went right by another one of my co-workers to talk to me)?
- Tuck in his stomach or throw his shoulders back?
- Raise his eyebrows?
- Tease you in a friendly way?
- Touch you in an “accidental” way?
- Use a different tone of voice (sexier)?
- “Invade” your space? He’ll lean forward as he becomes more “interested” in the conversation. He may start touching your hand or elbow lightly when he makes a point (this guy was doing all of these things). Before you know it (if you let him … I didn’t), he’ll be holding your hand, stroking your hair, going for a kiss, and then you know what else he will be going for!
- Check you out?
- Do the cowboy stance? This consists of having his legs spread slightly apart, with shoulders relaxed and thumbs tucked into the front of the belt. Watch for this next time you go to a nightclub.
- Stroke his clothes, preen, or play with his tie?
- Stammer or get mixed up (you are sooo overwhelming him with your good looks that you are making him nervous)?
Now you guys also know what to do! By the way, although I didn’t flirt back, I did check out his buns as he left the store … hope he comes in again soon (just kidding)!