There’s nothing better than a bowl of homemade chicken soup, just how your mother used to make it. A good chicken soup will ease a cold, warm your body, and fill your tummy! This classic recipe is one of our favorites; try it tonight!
Here are the ingredients that you need:
- One stewing chicken
- 3 quarts of water
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Three packages chicken OXO
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, finely sliced (preferably the leafy portions)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Stew the whole chicken in the water for about one-and-a-half to two hours. Remove carcass to a platter to cool.
- Meanwhile, keep liquid simmering over medium heat. Slice vegetables and add them to the liquid along with the spices.
- Remove skin and bones from the chicken carcass and discard.
- Cut meat into small chunks and add to the liquid mixture along with the Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender, and serve with hot buttered noodles.
For more chicken soup recipes, tips on how to make chicken soup, and information on the health benefits of this great recipe, visit Recipe4Living.com.