Spring is in the air, and so is dating! With the fresh spring air comes a new way to approach dating. The goal for this season? Focus on friendships, which may lead to romance later on when you truly know your mate-to-be. Celebrities like Ryan Phillippe could certainly use this wisdom right now. Phillippe’s recent relationship with Amanda Seyfried seems to be on and off, and he was also recently accused of having “innocent sleepovers” with Rihanna. It seems to be a game of celebrity musical chairs in Hollywood these days, filled with all sorts of drama. For the rest of us, who prefer to keep drama-free peaceful relationships, the following tips could go a long way:
1. Rid your life of toxic people: Keep those who are discouraging and who don’t support and believe in you on the sidelines. Your energy field can take a turn for the worst with negative influences in your life.
2. Consider your spiritual path: Celebrities like Scarlett Johansson, who received an Ally for Equality Award at the 2011 Human Rights Campaign Los Angeles Dinner and Awards Gala, keep things in perspective by prioritizing things like helping those less fortunate than themselves. Give off positive energy by taking each interaction throughout your day and adding some cheer to it. Smile! It could make a big difference in someone’s life. Plus, confidence attracts. It’s one step closer to finding your future mate.
3. Exercise and eat right: Being healthy will not only make you feel good about yourself, but your healthy glow will attract potential partners. Bring out the Jennifer Aniston inside yourself! Some foods with special vibrations to consider are cherries, which bring joy, and strawberries, which foster dignity. Working out can help to keep you balanced so that you’re in the mindset to make the right choices.
4. Be friends for eight months before dating: Meet as many people as possible and keep it friendly, even if the attraction is strong. Longtime Hollywood actress Goldie Hawn had a deep friendship with Kurt Russell before they were romantically involved, and they’re still together after twenty-five years!
5. What’s meant to be will be: Let the gods get working already. Sometimes the universe needs some time to work its magic, so instead of micromanaging your love life, try to have faith that things will work out the way they’re supposed to work out.
6. Meditate: Meditation brings on a sense of delicious peace, which no other activity can accomplish. A-list celebrities like Richard Gere, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Angelina Jolie are no strangers to the practice, as they’re known to make quiet time for reflection a regular part of their busy schedules.
7. Be proactive: After you’ve taking the time to get to know someone on a spiritual level, it’s time to make a move. Plan a date that doesn’t involve drinking alcohol, so that your minds are clear and ready to connect.
By utilizing these tips, you can increase your magnetism to such a level that you’ll attract someone with the same vibrations as yourself, even if he or she isn’t currently anywhere near you. It will lead to a peaceful dating experience that few celebrity couples in Hollywood have thus far achieved.
By Naini Nakagawa for Cupid’s Pulse