Here are ten things your lover can do for/to you after a long week—on Monday or Thursday, or just because!
1. Rent Tie Me Up, Tie Me down, staring Antonio Banderas (suggest he/she take detailed notes re: Latin passion as there is nothing like it. Go Latin.)
2. Fill a three-ring blow up pool under the light of the moon, go skinny dipping, drink Dirty Vodka Martinis, while Dean Martin tunes are playing in the background
3. Host a spa night: let he/she pick their favorite spa treatment. Take the time it create/write his/her menu of options, thus allowing selection, and don’t forget to include the fine print: All forms of gratuities are accepted.
4. Brew a pot of her/his favorite tea (mine is Honeybush), with mugs in hand while sitting atop the bed, read the “Gift of the Magi” aloud, remembering to taking turns reading to one another.
5. Watch You’ve Got Mail and An Affair to Remember back to back (this is specific to us girls).
6. Create the ultimate desert island CD drinking Bollinger Champagne in a room ablaze with candlelight or under white twinkling lights.
7. Let her pick the flavor of Ben and Jerry’s, share it, and pretend it’s your absolute favorite, even if it’s Phish Food
8. Write ten positions you’ve always wanted to try on ten pieces of paper, fold in half, then half again, place in a glass bowl, shake, take a shot or gulp of that Martini, put hand into bowl, pull out paper, unfold, read aloud. Or write truth or dare on the folded pieces of paper. This is only a suggestion—what is written is entirely up to you, but have fun with it.
9. Make a date to meet in a hotel bar explaining that when you show up he/she must pretend that the two of you never met. This works best if you are sitting at the bar so others can hear and watch the pick of scene in action. Of course, a room has already rented for later after the seduction.
10. Climb into bed, kiss gently, hug, hold, stroke, make spoons, and drift into dreamland holding one another sleeping until the sun and moon swap places.