You know the phrase “April showers bring May flowers”? Believe it or not, it means something deeper than just storms and blossoming blooms. In life, dark clouds always eventually pass, allowing the sun to shine through.
Focusing on the bright side when you’re down can be difficult, but these five celebrity couples have gone through rough times (in the public eye, no less!) and are currently doing exceptionally well. Let’s take a look:
1. Prince William and Kate Middleton: The royal newlyweds dated for eight years, but they had an off-and-on relationship. Inside Edition reported that the pair broke up in 2007 after five years of dating, stating William’s “immaturity” was a major factor for their break. However, they soon got back together and had the wedding of the decade on April 29, which more than two billion people watched worldwide.
2. Jason Trawick and Britney Spears: Though the singer and her agent endured a rough patch last year, they are now going strong. In fact, Trawick joined Spears and her boys at their Little League game and on a trip to Las Vegas.
3. Cash Warren and Jessica Alba: The duo began dating in 2005, but called it quits two years later because Alba was ready for marriage and Warren wouldn’t commit. They reconciled in 2008, announcing that they were expecting their first child, and married in May 2008.
4. Carey Hart and Pink: The pair got married in January 2006 but separated two years later. They began seeing each other in 2009 and went through martial counseling since their divorce was never finalized. Carey even got an image of Pink’s face tattooed on his leg.
5. Brian Austin Green and Megan Fox: The couple was engaged in 2006 only to break it off in 2009. They were seen together shortly after their breakup and began dating again in 2009. The following year they got married in Hawaii.
It might have taken these celebrity couples some years and plenty of time to reconcile their relationship, but if they were able to sail past their own storms, so can you. Look at the positive side of your relationship with your significant other, and soon you will also be happier than ever.