We think we know it all. And, we do. The same lessons we learned in our youth guide us as adults. But as we age, we may lose sight of those lessons and need a shake-up in life as a reminder.
Everything I Need to Know I Learned In Childhood and was Reminded after My Divorce:
1. When bad things happen, it may take a while for the hurt to go away.
2. In the beginning, our steps are uneven and we hold onto the people we trust to steady ourselves. It takes some of us more time to let go and walk confidently.
3. Difficult times don’t make friends; they reveal friends who are really your rocks.
4. We can’t force people to like us or love us.
5. People we thought would be our best friend forever form alliances with others.
6. People we least expected to be our friend surprise us in ways we never imagined.
7. We still struggle to find our true self.
8. Some people don’t play fair.
9. Like a rite of passage we mourn what we’re leaving behind and look forward to exploring new frontiers.
10. Good hugs fix just about everything at any age.
11. Sometimes we trip and fall. If we’re lucky there’s someone there to help us up.
Other times, we need to wipe our own tears and pick ourselves up.