My sister-in-law just had twin boys. That may seem like a usual occurrence, but for Rachel this was a miracle. You see, as a young woman Rachel had many female surgeries that left her with little likelihood of ever having children. Yet being a mom was her dream, her goal, her life’s purpose. So for the past eight years, my sister-in-law did everything she could on the Earthly plane to conceive a child. But the driving force behind her outcome was what she did on the spiritual plane. She prayed, meditated, visualized, affirmed and even set up the babies’ room in her home, complete with crib, diapers, mobiles and stuffed animals. Despite several miscarriages and failed attempts at in vitro, Rachel continued to act as if the demonstration were already made. She kept the faith through disappointment or any seeming obstacle that arose. Her intention never wavered and now the babies are here, and she was doubly blessed with twins.
What is there in your life that you want to demonstrate? Perhaps it’s a new career, a loving relationship, better health, pursuing a life’s passion or establishing financial freedom. Whatever good your heart desires, it is certainly within your reach and closer than you may think. When you employ the power of Spirit, all things are possible, in fact, they are guaranteed. There is one catch. You must be an active participant in the process. If you are willing to do so, you can live a life filled with health, purpose, love and joy.
Here are five keys for demonstrating your dream:
- Set the intention. Get really clear on what you want. It’s not enough to desire a good life, but to hone in on what that looks like for you. Once you have that picture in your mind, don’t let fear get in the way. Too often, we have a desire and set the intention and allow fear to creep in dismantling all our good intentions. We also limit the power of Spirit by finding all the reasons why it can’t come into fruition. You may say, “I’m too old,” “It’s impossible,” “I can’t.” Any of these thoughts will derail the demonstration of your good. So set your intention and if any thought comes up contrary to this, say, “there is no truth in that,” and allow the Creative Power of God to work through you.
- Keep the mental image in your mind no matter what the outer conditions look like. Right now, your thoughts and beliefs are creating your experience of your present and future. Keep a single-minded focus on what you want and turn away from anything unlike that.
- Act as if it is already done. When Rachel created a nursery in her home, she was acting as if it were so, and the law must respond to that belief. We are working with a creative law of love that takes what we believe and makes it into our experience. An easy way to remember this is: the law takes it and makes it!
- Say a positive prayer every day. Once you know what you want, or what the purpose of the prayer is, say a positive prayerdaily and release it to the law for fulfillment of your desire. Don’t worry about how it will be done; just allow it do be done following any Divine guidance that comes to you during this stage. (For the steps in Positive Prayer, see pages 143 -149 of Live Your Joy: How to Awaken from Spiritual Slumber, by Barbara Gulbranson. Available at www.liveyourjoy.org.)
- Relax, knowing that a law of love is guaranteed to work without attempting to force it. Letting go of the idea of concentration and willing something to happen releases us from the bondage of thinking that we have to force something to make it happen. Our work is done in the receptive nature of mind. Knowing this, we can move to complete faith in a Universal Power of Good whose nature is to fulfill the thought impression bestowed on it. At this point, we can go about life with an inner sense of calm, grateful that the Law is working on our behalf.
Now is a great time for taking positive steps to receive greater good and live a life that invigorates you. I invite you to use the five keys outlined above to demonstrate your desires. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out. Who knows, once you use these keys and deepen your relationship with God, like Rachel, you may be delighted to find that you are doubly blessed.
*For more on the author's books, publications, classes and for the free Joy Newsletter, visit www.liveyourjoy.org.