A Fun Way to Safely Release Anger & Stress
Anger, stress and frustration, as well as other emotions, can wreak havoc in our bodies if they are allowed to fester and become repressed. Anger can raise blood pressure, frustration can raise cholesterol. All of the abovementioned emotions can be contributors to stroke and heart attack risk.
Many of these feelings affect our energetic centers and organs. Stress affects the nervous system, anger festers away in the liver and stress sneaks into our heart and circulatory system. Many emotions affect the Chakra centers as well, especially the Solar Plexus, which is in the center of the body, just below the notch that separates the left and right sides of the ribcage.
Say no more, stress, anger and frustration are soooo out! Moving these feelings out of our personal space is crucial, but how to safely put into actions the feelings that we might think aren’t safe to share with others?
Some businesses, like San Diego based Sarah’s Smash Shack, urge you to release your angst by breaking plates, glasses and other similar items. Thinking that it would feel good to throw stuff against my sturdy wooden fence, since I don’t live near the Smash Shack, I bought several dessert and dinner-sized plates from a local thrift shop.
I stacked them beside the fence—and was stymied by logistics. How would I protect myself from flying shrapnel? Safety glasses, gloves, long-sleeved shirt and long pants. Okay—that would work for me. But to intensify the experience, I wanted to share it. What if, despite all the precautions, I or a friend was harmed by bits of flying glass?
As I thought it through, it became clear that it was the intensity of the movement and the ability to say “no!” or “yes!” to energies flitting around your life that would help any stagnant energies to move out of my life, not the medium used.
That gave rise to a brilliant solution. Use water balloons!
How to Use Water Balloons to Relieve Stress, Frustration and Anger
1. Find a solid fence or wall, at your home or one of your friend’s.
2. Buy some water balloons and fill them with water.
3. Write out two lists. On one, write out all the things that frustrate or anger you or stress you out. On the second one write out all the things you want to welcome into your life. Don’t forget to warn neighbors that you are doing a stress relieving exercise so that they don’t worry when they hear you yelling “No!” and “Yes!”
4. Make sure you have plenty of water balloons prepared.
5. Stand in front of the “no!” list first. Throw a water balloon at the “no!” list, as hard as you can. Yell “No!” each time you throw a balloon, as loud as you can. This will move stagnant energy and also focus on the frustration, anger and/or stress and move it out of your body. Yelling “No!” and throwing the balloons also pulls energy from the bottom of your body to the top, helping to increase communication in your body.
6. Throw at least one balloon for each item listed on the “No!” list. Keep throwing and yelling “No!” until you feel the anger, frustration and/or stress has dissipated.
7. Now, stand in front of the “Yes!” list.
8. Again, make sure you have plenty of water balloons prepared.
9. Throw a water balloon at the “Yes!” list, as hard as you can. Yell “Yes!” each time you throw a balloon, as loud as you can. This will welcome in the energies you want in your life and focus on allowing the energies, goals and desires into your life to fill the spaces where you released stress, anger and/or frustration. Yelling “Yes!” and throwing the balloons pulls energy in through your head, from the Universe and from available sources in your vicinity, helping your body to accept the possibility that you can create exactly what you want in your life.
10. Throw at least one balloon for each item listed on the “Yes!” list. Keep throwing and yelling “Yes!” until you feel full of new life, bright energy and possibility. Don’t be surprised if you start laughing partway through this process. The disbursing of the stagnant energies and the welcoming in of fresh, positive energies can cause so much relief to flood your system that laughter is a definite possibility.
Whatever you do, don’t stop yourself from laughing or crying or whatever emotions come up for you.
You can use this technique any time you have a hard day or week, any time you want to manifest or solidify goals or at regular intervals to release daily stress.
Live long, live strong and stress free!
A Fun Way to Safely Release Anger & Stress