I live in the Chicagoland area and have compiled a list of places to help others in need. I think the economy has been on a down spiral since 9-11. With the attack on this nation, and the turmoil of this tragic event, our nation was hurt financially and emotionally. We have all come together in crisis, but it has changed us in many ways. The unemployment rate remains high for a number of other reasons, but the fact is our people in this nation are truly (for some the first time), in need.
I hope other cities will compile a list for those in need everywhere throughout this country, and my hope is that god may bless America and us all in the future.
The following places below are listed in hopes that they will help those in need, and through troubling times:
1. Free Health Clinic in the Chicagoland http://www.americares.org/newsroom/here-at-home/uninsured-americans-community- health-chicago.html  or call 800-486-HELP
2. Help for families under stress and dealing with depression 630-466-4851 or those dealing with a loss 630-933-7888
3. Families trying to get back to independence (Day Break) call Pat 630-420-8835
4. Food Pantry (Loaves & Fishes) call John 630-420-0837
5. In need of transportation (non-emergency that you would call an ambulance) call Mary 630-369-0777
6. Unfortunately stress can lead others to addictions (families anonymous) 773-777-4442
7. Kids educational kits (bike safety & hand washing reducing diseases) email for free kits firstname.lastname@example.org .
8. Illinois Legal Aid (pro bono) Chicago www.findgreatlawyers.com/legal.aid.htm
9. Short term financial assistance (emergency fund) Chicago 312-379-0301 Cook County 877-426-6515
10. Shelter from Oct – May (PADS) contact Barbara at email@example.com 
11. Networking & Support for Employment call 630-858-5587