By Sarah Ribeiro for CupidsPulse.com 
Engagement  rings are one of the most important elements in beginning a marriage . They signify the bond you have with your partner , their commitment to you and the security of your relationship . Of course, there’s also the glamour and luxury that comes with a gorgeous diamond on your hand. Here are some celebrity engagement rings that perfectly represent both the strength and extravagance of celebrity marriage :
1. Kate Hudson: Kate Hudson’s  engagement ring from Muse rocker Matt Bellamy  is an outstanding statement in such a private relationship. The $200,000 platinum ring is a nine carat emerald-cut diamond with tapered baguettes on the side. The two have been engaged for a year. Although they have no wedding date set, they do have a son  together, Bingham.
Related: Jessica Biel Had No Say In Her Engagement Ring 
2. Kate Middleton: The royal duchess Kate Middleton  was definitely given a ring fit for a queen. Her love Prince William  presented her with his mother Princess Diana’s engagement ring, a round-cut blue sapphire surrounded by 14 diamonds. At the time it was worn by Diana in 1981, it cost 30,000 British pounds—the equivalent of roughly $47,000.
3. Angelina Jolie: As part of Hollywood’s most luxurious power couple , Angelina Jolie  and Brad Pitt  will no doubt have an over-the-top wedding  celebration. Newly-engaged Jolie was given a rectangular-cut diamond on a yellow-and-white gold band. Rumor has it Pitt commissioned a jeweler to find the finest-quality diamond for his love , even requesting a cut shaped perfectly for her hand.
Related: Knicks Star Amar’e Stoudemire Proposes to Longtime Girlfriend 
4. Beyoncé Knowles: One of Hollywood’s most expensive wedding rings naturally belongs to one of Hollywood’s highest-grossing couples . Rapper Jay-Z  gave Beyoncé  a $5,000,000 (that’s right, 5 million) ring before their secret marriage in April 2008. The 18-carat diamond, made by jeweler Lorraine Schwartz, is emerald-cut and set in a platinum band. For security purposes, the singer wears a fake copy of it, which is still worth more than $5,000.
5. Natalie Portman: In 2010, Famous actress, vegan and humanist Natalie Portman  was gifted an eco-friendly engagement ring to fit her lifestyle. Husband Benjamin Millepied  found ballet dancer-turned jeweler Jamie Wolf to design the $35,000 ring, which uses recycled platinum and an antique oval center stone surrounded by pavé diamonds from a conflict-free mine, meaning no miner was hurt or treated unfairly when mining the stones. Millepied personalized his choice by making the ring a statement to his love’s activism and loving nature, a sweet statement for an even sweeter couple.