It happens to all of us along the way. We pick up beliefs and fears that hold us back from our true joy. We fear scarcity and create a scarce consciousness. We fear love and we judge, feel judged, or withhold love. We believe we are not worthy and fear being wealthy or abundant with an unconscious belief that we don’t deserve abundance. We basically forget all the love we come from and all the love and abundance that we can create in our lives.
And so there comes a point where we must remember that we create our lives. Like a director of a movie, we can choose to write the next scene with complete openness, love, and freedom. We can choose to change our thoughts and to be love, be one with love, feel love, give love, and receive love—all in an embracing manner knowing we are worthy of receiving and giving abundance every minute of every day.
Are you ready to wake up happy and loved, full of joy and all that you want in life?
Here’s a checklist:
1. Got a pen? This is in the number one spot for a reason. Writing helps engrave your thoughts in your brain. Grab some paper and start writing all the things you appreciate about your life. Make an entire gratefulness list, if you can. Now include all the great things about you physically, mentally, spiritually. This is not always so easy. “I have a fantastic sense of humor,” “I am a great friend,” “I love my hair,” “I am appreciative that I have such wonderful sisters,” etc., are starters but go deep if you can. Try to go from really deep things to the small things. Writing it sort of makes it all the more real and concrete as you’ll see in all of the following exercises. There is truth in writing and often it brings up things that were hidden, as the pen flows from the heart.
2. Do you have a wish board? Do you even know what one is? Get yourself a giant corkboard or cardstock and start adding pictures of all the things you’d like to have in your life. It’s like one huge school project and you’re getting an A+! Be big, be bold. Do not think of putting up a picture of something that doesn’t serve you or make your existence one that is not of complete abundance. If you were given infinite money, what would you have that you don’t have today? Maybe it’s not money. Maybe it’s love. Place a picture of a couple walking hand-in-hand on the beach at sunset. That couple is your future love and you. I trust in you to make this a gorgeous piece of art depicting a beautiful abundant life. Go wild!
3. Decide to forgive anyone and everyone in your life whom you hold a grudge against or carry a “bad” memory. Remember, people don’t do bad things to hurt you, rather, you choose to feel the feelings. Now, it is time to release the feelings that hold you back, the feelings don’t serve you and you know it. Put each thought on an imaginary rock and toss it into the ocean. It can be at the beach or just an image you hold as you sit in your yard or on your couch. Be free. It is done. Now you feel light and full of love for everyone you know, especially yourself.
4. Take that notebook out again and write. This time rather than writing what you are grateful for, write about the things you want. Think of it like a child writing to Santa but instead of just asking, write it like it is already, like it has happened and you are feeling joy from it in so many ways. For example, “I love being in love with this man,” “I feel so happy that I don’t have to go to work anymore,” “I love being able to help others in my daily life,” or “Waking up every day with joy in my heart is amazing!” This will feel strange at first. It will feel just as strange as telling someone living in poverty to write how great it feels to be filthy rich, but it is the path to abundance. Thoughts control every moment of our day and direct our lives, so if we choose the abundant loving thoughts of a very prosperous loving life, we are conditioning ourselves to live that way and bringing it closer to us. What you focus on grows, so focusing on poverty brings more poverty. And what does focusing on abundance and joy bring? Take every thought and image and place it in a balloon (figuratively) and like a child, gleefully let it go and let that image in the balloon float up to the universe, sending out signals for it to become the truth.
5. Sit in silence. Okay, now you’ve made your lists, made your wishes, and are changing your attitude to one of pure love and gratefulness. Now it is time to quiet the chatter and just “be.” Remember that you are worthy of all that you asked for and trust that it is on its way. Try to take fifteen or more minutes a day to meditate and actually not think of anything. Just “be.”
6. Remember your passions. If you always loved writing but were told you weren’t good enough or maybe you told yourself you weren’t good enough, then, by all means, start work on that children’s book and enjoy every second of it. Join that club you always wanted to join. Sit on the beach and play your guitar. Take a dance class. Sign up for a class that fascinates you. It is time to work on you and start doing the things that bring you joy, the things you love, and the things that fill your heart with a song. This is your life. Who are you to not make it the best it can be?
7. Share your love, passions, and newfound joy with others. What you send out will come back to you. Similar things attract each other. You will find yourself smiling at strangers, being a better mother, father, lover, and friend. You will joyfully give and not expect anything back, though it will come in droves. Your new energy will be magnetic and attract even more love into your life and more things to be grateful for. And so the circle goes and grows.
When you eliminate all that you feared, all that held you back, and all the reasons you held yourself back, you can learn to truly live in abundance and your life will be overflowing with love. Like a waterfall that flows endlessly for thousands of years, there is enough love to fill your heart continually and to flow onto all others you meet. You find that you don’t judge people anymore, you feel better, stronger, and more peaceful. You should continue to read positive uplifting books on self-growth and personal transformation as it’s a lifestyle that just grows and grows as you learn more and more. You were put on this earth to love and be loved. Enjoy!