A dream is simply something that you want. And where do dreams come from? You make them up. Some are based on needs such as putting healthy food on the table or sending your kids to a good school. Some of them are based on desires such as writing a book, buying a home, or traveling to an exotic location. But by far, the most profound dreams are those that are the expression of your life’s purpose.
- You have to have a dream to have a dream come true.
- Trust your intuition and follow your heart.
- Every resource you need is available to you.
- Believing in your dream is an essential component.
- There are signs showing you which way to go. Learn to read and act on them.
- There is often lag time between imagining your dream and making it happen.
- You have the ability to make your dreams happen but it will require your willingness to do whatever it takes.
- On the other side of fear are great lessons. Stay more committed to your dream than to your doubt.
- As you complete one dream, it’s time for another. Don’t ever be afraid to cross the finish line. There are always more dreams available.
A Visualization Exercise: The Sliding Glass Door
Imagine that you’re standing with your nose pressed against a glass door, so close to it that your breath is steaming up the glass. As you wipe away the steam, you see an ideal place on the other side of the glass. You see your dream. Feel your feet standing on the floor on your side of the glass door, the other side of your dream. You’re standing in the “Where I Am Now,” where you live with everything that’s happening in your life, including your attitudes and beliefs. Looking through the glass door, you see the beauty on the other side. Is this where you want to be?
Grasp the handle and slide the door open. A gentle, warm breeze comes wafting in, and there’s a delicious smell in the air. As you gaze around, you see everything on the other side that you want, everything that’s in your dream, and everything you’re committed to having. Your family is there, too, your friends, your dream home, your dream life. All the elements of your dream are there, right on the other side of the threshold.
Notice where you are versus where you want to be. All you need to do to get to the other side is make the commitment and step across. Ask yourself, “Is this what I want? Will I commit to this?” If the answer is “Yes,” lift your foot and step through.