Faith Is Threefold: Trust, Guts, and Guidance
1. First, Faith is, rightly so, trusting the Universe. Not just trusting it will provide for you, but believing so faithfully that the Universe wants what’s best for you. And It does. Having faith is knowing that you will have everything you need in this moment so you have lost all attachment to what outcome you want. You trust the Universe so implicitly that you know that whatever God and your spirit guides come up with will be much better than what you could come up with. And it is.
Trust is letting go. Letting everything go and trusting the Universe to show you the right way so all you have to do is follow-along. Like the Fool, you will walk off the edge of a mountain-cliff because that is what the Universe whispered for you to do. You trust that where you’ll land will be exactly where you needed to be. And it is. You know that you are always protected and provided for, even if not unharmed. All challenge is good, if that is what the Universe has ordered. Only so you’ll grow and blossom. Then you will be ripe to share and expand in harmony. Just have faith that the Universe is leading you through the exact doors to get you to your highest self. Your faith is your weapon against fear.
2. Second, Faith is walking through the doors that the Universe opens up for you. So many warriors are so damaged or distracted; they do have faith that the Creator wants them to fill-in-the-blank, but then they never show up to the pick-up window because it looks too good to be true and they’re used to struggling, or because it looks too difficult, or simply because you’re too afraid. That is not having faith. Faith means that you are trusting the Universe is providing you with what you need to grow and be prosperous. Why would you deny walking through a door that you know will lead you directly to where you want to be? We do it all the time. No more!
Walk through the doors the Universe opens for you. They are for you. Spirit guides have spent considerable energy rearranging things just so you could have that opportunity. So what if it presents some lessons? That’s what we’re doing here. Actively confront your fear, with trust and faith in your Warrior’s heart, and walk through that door. In three more doors, you’ll be painting your Dreams on a neon-colored canvas.
3. Third, Faith doesn’t stop there. You must remain in connection to your higher self once you enter those doors. What do I do now? How do I make sure I confront these lessons maturely? How can I ensure that my old habits don’t return? Which way do I go? This door seems to have a lot of options attached to it. All of these questions are perfect! You are having faith, following along with the Universe, dedicated to your higher purpose, which means growth. You will need guidance. Consistent guidance actually. Faith is turning to the Creator for that guidance. I believe every single person on this earth should have a tool for divination—runes, tealeaves, a tarot deck, meditation, writing …
You trust the Universe is providing you with everything you will need in order to flourish and become the warrior you were meant to be, so you are following along and walking faithfully through doors that are opening, and once you enter them you are staying connected consistently to divinity via getting in-tune and asking questions and listening for the advice. You will never run the risk of being distracted and squandering wonderful opportunities again. You will never run the risk of getting lost again. The next door on your path quickly opens as you learn the lessons this current door offered you. Soon, another opens. Suddenly, another door opens and then there it is—that neon canvas waiting for your creation. We have been longing for it. Now you are ready.
Following in Faith in this threefold way will lead you directly, effortlessly, toward your purpose in life. Take your time, because you will experience rapid movement and rapid rewards. The Universe wants you active, alive, and thriving, remember? Once you take the right steps, the Universe will bend for you. In less than two years, you may have everything you’ve ever wanted and more so.
Most of us do not have faith in this way, so we may trust the Universe until it seems to challenge us and then we lose faith, and start planting the seeds that our world is crappy and “nothing good ever happens.” We then open doors upon doors that do not lead to our higher purpose but are still teaching us (through hardship) some of our life’s lessons. We can better learn these lessons the Faith way, but most of us end up learning them the hard way. Others of us don’t ever walk through the doors that open because we are too afraid or damaged. We are resisting challenges and fighting with our lessons, or regressing and walking through doors we’ve already walked through.
Hmmm. So we walk through doors that tend to lead us astray, on to a never-ending roller-coaster ride away from our higher calling? Well remember, turn your attention to that other door of Faith in your place in the World, and your destiny is still only four doors away. It doesn’t matter where on the roller coaster you are. Stop, get off, and try having faith instead. See where those doors can lead you. Let go of all your attachments to being clever and “making this all work” by yourself. Surrender to your spirit friends and trust that you will be led, because you’re not alone and the Universe wants you free. Put your wishes out there and let go, knowing you will be led directly to your truest desires and then follow the doors that open, remembering to stay consistently connected throughout. You will be amazed.
The Universe wants to take care of you. And some of us have actually learned this, yet we can’t seem to stay in-tuned to our higher Spirit once we get through those wonderful doors. We are ecstatic by the bounty, getting confused and thinking we’re done. We get lazy and lose our divine insight by not turning inward and staying connected to higher purpose. We squander our assets and get distracted, launching ourselves headlong back into the roller-coaster ride of distraction and waste. Having faith is more complicated than we were taught. But if you let go, walk through the doors opened, and stay in-tune to higher spirit, you will be led directly to your Destiny—success, freedom, wholeness. Come on … If we all awakened, and followed in faith, our destiny would be revealed to us in exactly four major doors. Try it. I dare you.
The Threefold Nature of Faith reviewed:
1. Total surrender; “let go” whenever possible, even to any outcomes. Lose all attachment. The more you let go, the more peace you will experience. Let the Universe take care of you.
2. Walk through the doors they present to you with heart, faith, and fearlessness. Be a Warrior and trust (have faith #1) the Universe is leading you exactly where you need to go. Be fearless enough to follow along faithfully.
3. Stay connected and in-tuned throughout. Having faith is using your faith. Whatever form of spiritual practice that resonates best with you is the perfect vehicle for you to remain in tune to your advisors. I prefer one-on-one Q&As with my spirit guides, tarot cards, prayer, meditation, yoga, drumming, rock climbing, riding my motorcycle, spiritual rituals, writing, and drawing as my principal forms of staying connected—so I always know what to do after I’ve walked through the doors that have been divinely lain before me. Because I am in-tune to my Soul and my spirit guides, I can hear and better follow My Path.
My success and how I best learn my lessons, guide others, or whatever it is I’m supposed to do, will be determined by my consistency in remaining connected to deity. Essentially, you are ensuring that you “stay on the same page” and don’t “get lost.” Get it? If you are consistently staying in connection with your higher power, you no longer run the risk of getting lost. Congratulations, your higher Destiny is now four doors away. This is the fast-paced route to happiness and success.
Be the light you wish to see in the world …
There is too much
Suffering and Greed
Be the light you wish to see …
And you will be the remedy
This excerpt taken from Waking of the Warriors ©2006, Chapter 3: “Who Are the Warriors and Why Do We Need You?”
By Jaecinta Harris
Part 1 | Part 2