Did anyone ever tell you that your spirit is sexy?
Now there is a new pick-up line! Think about this for a moment … when was the last time you thought about yourself being sexy (yes boys, this includes you, too). Don’t worry—I am staying PG here.
This thought occurred to me today when I was running—not a very sexy activity! But “Little Red Corvette” by Prince began playing in my ear and I just began to feel kind of sexy. Yes, sexy, I thought it was so odd! First of all, I don’t see myself as sexy. And I haven’t really felt sexy in a long, long time. I was so intrigued by this feeling that I needed to explore this further.
For a moment, let’s just take the “sex” out of sexy. What I really want to focus on is the confidence in sexy. The strength in sexy. The part of ourselves that needs to feel alive and free. Our spirit that wants to express its sexiness. Sexy is good. And just like our spirit needs peace and serenity, our spirit needs to feel sexy!
But seriously folks, I can’t take myself seriously when trying to be sexy. I don’t have the confidence to pull off sexy like I did when I was young. Oy! If I look at myself in the mirror, I certainly do not feel or look sexy! And that’s not good!
So let’s try something here … let’s actually try to feel sexy today.
- Sexy is not a size, shape, age, or color.
- Sexy is not determined by the media.
- Sexy is not just about sex.
- Sexy is a state of mind.
Then ask yourself:
- When was the last time I felt sexy?
- If I have trouble accepting my sexiness, what is getting in the way?
- Am I embarrassed to show my sexy side? If so, why?
Then try this:
- Acknowledge that being sexy is good, positive, and gives you strength.
- Allow your sexy spirit to dance, loosen up and have fun.
- Accept yourself and realize that being sexy is not a perfect body, youth or beauty.
I suggest exploring your sexy side … maybe wear something that shows a bit of skin. Put on some nice cologne or perfume today. Listen to some sexy music. Dance. Take a bubble bath. Do whatever it is that just makes you feel good.