Many people have experienced a massage—you know, the yummy, comforting strokes of a licensed practitioner that help your muscles, ligaments, and skin release tension and feel relaxed.
But there are other ways to experience massage. One way is astral massage. The amazing thing about astral massage is that you can experience this no matter where you are.
In short, astral massage is an energetic way to send and experience the benefits of massage from a distance.
How do you do that? Let me explain from the perspective of the sender. Sending an astral massage is similar to sending a distant healing. So if you are familiar at all with sending distant healing or with astral surfing in general, sending an astral massage will be a wonderful tool to add to your repertoire.
As with any distant healing, ask the person to set aside quiet time for the massage and to get into a comfortable position, lying face down. Tell them that after the first half hour or so that they can roll over so you can do the front of their arms and legs, and other areas that they have agreed upon to receive massage.
1. Trust the person who is doing the massage.
2. Also be comfortable with the person doing the massage to be able to completely relax and receive all the benefits of it.
3. To experience the effects of it because that will affect the entire body—physical as well as spiritual.
Place yourself in a quiet spot, such as your therapy room, a quiet spot outside or a bedroom. Turn on your preferred healing music, light candles, set out crystals as you would for an in-person session.
Here are step-by-step instructions on sending an Astral Massage:
1. Take a few moments to center yourself. Send gratitude to the Universe for the gift of astral massage.
2. Establish a connection or open a channel between yourself, the Universe, and the person’s Higher Self.
3. Remain quiet and attentive until you sense that a “bridge” has been established
4. Check in with the person by reading the body energy that some modalities call “Byosen.” To do this, ask the person’s Higher Self to allow you to read the energy threads of the person’s energetic self. This is a skill that takes time to establish but it is very much like reading a book.
5. Once you have been able to read the body energy, ask it to show you areas of concern. These may be the same areas the recipient indicated or they might be areas that the recipient isn’t consciously aware of.
Now it is time to send. Here are guidelines to help you in the astral massage process:
1. Use a teddy bear, a photograph, or picture the person’s astral or energetic self in front of you or on a table or bed, whatever helps you focus on the person’s energy field.
2. Float your hands over the body, beginning where you normally would begin for a massage. I usually begin an astral massage at the shoulders, move up to the head and neck, then down the back and legs, and finally the feet.
3. Tell the person ahead of time where you will begin and how long the massage will last. Tell them to roll over about halfway through.
The next point is very important:
4. Even though this is Astral Massage, don’t forget to respect body boundaries. When the person is lying on the back, for instance, avoid the breast and groin areas. Get permission ahead of time directly from the recipient (not just the Higher Self) to massage the abdomen.
Now for the massage tenchniques:
1. As you float your hands over the person, massage the energy. This is subtle—it doesn’t need to be done with any force, but be thorough in each area. As you work, be aware of the body energy, any heat, tingling, or other sensations that can inform you as to whether to move in circles, knead or other helpful motions.
2. Be systematic. Don’t start on the shoulders then jump to the feet. The recipient might not know exactly what you are doing but will feel the discontinuity and that will affect their ability to relax into the massage.
3. On the front I start with upper body and move down. I start with head, forehead and jawline, massaging around the teeth (prepare the recipient for this ahead of time). I move down the neck, shoulder blades, collarbone, then arms and hands. Then down the Solar Plexus and Sacral areas if permission has been given for abdominal massage. Then legs and feet. I end with the feet.
4. Finish the session by smoothing the aura by floating your hands over it. Thank the Universe, the person and the energy itself for the blessing of being able to share the Astral Massage.
5. Seal the session by picturing a door closing, then disconnect as you normally do after a session.
6. Check back with the person over the phone or through e-mail for feedback.
This is amazingly relaxing. If you have never experienced an astral massage, perhaps you and a friend can share this information and trade sessions.