I think I am addicted to lists.
I think that because last week here I was in the office, surfing the net and got inspired by a blogger who is going to accomplish 100 firsts each day.
So, guess what? I got myself the same goal—only to flex it a bit by not making it a daily thing, just Firsts. Firsts can be simple goals; they don’t have to be huge accomplishments. As I am now on First number eight, I realize that this is a good way to make me stop and think before I do something.
A way that I can be creative, get out of mundane daily routines, and more importantly, challenge myself to do something new!
So, what Firsts have I accomplished in the past week?
1. I finally attended my First yoga class! (Yes, yes I am a very late bloomer.)
2. I made Roasted Broccoli and it was delicious! (My little oven and I are friends again.)
3. I watched three fascinating talks on TED.com. (Give me a break from YouTube please.)
4. I finally learned how to download from bittorrent!
5. I made something pretty out of recycled stuff (brings me back to art and craft class).
6. I made sweet corn and chickpea flour fritters (there’s a Jamie in me).
7. I cooked a new dish (simple chicken, celery, and shiitake stir-fry).
Yes, I keep a list, amongst other lists that I have already have. Being online a lot I finally found sites that provide me with the inspiration to do something good. Something that makes me happy. Things I can feel smug about, what’s wrong with being immensely pleased with yourself, right?
I still have bungee jumping and marathon tucked nicely somewhere in my life list. One day!