Yes, you read it right; there is a passion in delivering water. Let me back up a bit so this makes more sense. It all started when I got tired of drinking warm, bad tasting Brita water. I suggested to my roommates that we get Sparkletts delivery service. Now enters, Tom, our delivery guy. Tom is full of energy; I really do believe that he loves his job. He seems like he is grateful for every minute he can pick up my empty bottle of water and replace it with a new one. When I run out of water due to bad planning, I call him and he jokes with me like he is my best friend, “Oh Michelle, you re so silly, how come you just didn’t ask for more water last time!?” He gave us a card for the holidays addressed to “The Hastie’s” which was funny because I live with two roommates. Every time he brings that water in my house, I can’t help but smile.
Do you have this much passion in your life? Are you grateful for every minute that you are alive and successful? We are all successful for various reasons, are you celebrating? My guess is probably not enough, so I want you to do as Tom the Sparkletts guy does, and celebrate every moment, and here is how:
1. Be thankful every day, not just on Thanksgiving. Do you every thank people just for being themselves? Do you ever call your parents and thank them for all they did for you? Do you thank your spouse for supporting you and being there for you? This will not only feel good to the other person it will also make you feel good.
2. Make a gratitude list. Write down twenty reasons why you are grateful for your life today. Include things like, I’m healthy, I’m alive, and whatever other reason you might be happy to be here.
3. Treat every task as if you are lucky to be doing it. Tom really makes it seem as if he is lucky to be delivering water. He acts is if he has the best job in the world! Can you imagine how he feels at the end of the day? My guess is he goes to sleep smiling, and wakes up smiling! Do you?
4. Fill your life with pleasure. Pleasure needs to be part of your everyday life. It needs to be part of every hour in my opinion! How can you make every hour you are awake extremely pleasurable? Maybe it means you take five deep breathes and be happy breathing is easy and relaxing. Maybe it means you walk outside and feel the sun. Whatever brings you pleasure, fill your life with it.
5. Have fun. Tom is loud, excited, and peppy. I can just see him driving down the street in his Sparkletts truck singing loudly, mouth open, enjoying the air in his hair. He has fun. Can you have fun even in the most non-fun moments, like traffic? Challenge yourself to enjoy traffic (I know it sounds crazy) but traffic does allow you time to yourself usually, or time with whomever is in the car with you. It gives you an opportunity to brush up on your vocal skills or listen to a book. Everything can be fun, if you wish it to be.
Try to be the person that inspires another person to write a blog about you. Be like Tom the Sparkletts guy, and live your life to the fullest, live your life with passion and have a ton of fun doing so.