Every woman has struggled with self-esteem. Yes, even supermodels have self-esteem issues from time to time! The many images of size 0 waif women with perfectly pursed lips and cellulite-free legs that grace today’s fashion magazines can certainly put a dent in our self-esteem, but it doesn’t have to. Check out these tips for nurturing and boosting your self-esteem!
1. The Phrase That Pays. Say it with me, now – I am a fabulous, talented, outstanding woman! Positive affirmation is key to developing your self-esteem. Set aside an hour each day to focus on nurturing your soul. Mediate, practicing daily affirmations that will boost your self-esteem. For great affirmations, check out Self-Esteem Affirmations: Motivational Affirmations for Achieving and Maintaining Optimum Health by Louise L. Hay
2. Associate with Positive People. Negative people can bring you down and erode your self-esteem. Surround yourself with positive people who are pursuing their passions in life. These people will inspire and uplift you. You don’t need anyone’s negativity slowing you down!
3. Visualize Your Past Accomplishments. Did you get a promotion, graduate from college or win an award? Visualizing your past accomplishments will help you envision your future ones. Make a list and keep it close to you. Every time you achieve a new milestone, celebrate it and before you know it, you’ll have a long list accompanied by healthy, growing self-esteem.
4. Quality is Key. Make a list of your good qualities. Are you caring, understanding or altruistic? Once you’ve made the list, read it over and over. You’ll soon realize you should stop putting yourself down, comparing yourself to others and sabotaging your own self-esteem! You are a great person and it may just take you writing it down on paper to see it.
5. Everyone Needs a Sanctuary. Your home is your sanctuary. Make your living environment harmonious. Get rid of the chaos and clutter. Light candles, surround yourself with fresh flowers and play soothing music whenever you can. This will allow you to relax and center yourself giving you time to reflect on all the positive things around you.