I got to thinking the other night about a friend who was having difficulties with her work situation. As I thought of a couple of things about the situation, a realized it was kind of like parts of a Disney version of a fairytale. So here is how life is sometimes like a fairytale …
- We sometimes work for ungrateful people (Cinderella).
- There’s always a wicked witch somewhere who’d like to do away with us (Snow White).
- Sometimes we need a little help to slay our dragons (Sleeping Beauty).
- It’s always nice to have a good fairy or two in our lives (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty).
- Animals can be our best friends (Cinderella’s mice, Sleeping Beauty’s forest creatures).
- Sometimes our handsome prince turns into a beast, but usually a little love will help turn back into the one we love (Beauty and the Beast).
Although I love fairy tales, I’m realist enough to know that we don’t always get a happy ending. However, the world around us is always a better place when you can face life’s hardships with a little humor. I’m sure you creative types can come up with more lines and I’d love to add to this list. So please add your comments.