We have all felt it: the sudden build up of hot anger in the pit of our stomach that gives us uncontrollable rage. Or, as some call it, blind rage—it makes you lose control of the situation and you can no longer handle anything. It can be caused by things not working a bad day from the get-go but it goes away.
The one thing that never seems to fail at giving me this uncontrollable feeling is people. I have used that word a lot—“control”; it’s the key word to describe the feeling. That is caused just not by people who fail to understand things but most of all a boyfriend. As lame and cliché as it maybe coming for a women its true. Nothing can heat my stomach more then when a boyfriend cant understand why your mad or why you have yet to talk to them after the last fight. Am I saying its always because of him no way I cause the feeling more or less. When under this feeling sometimes you don’t want to do anything but give them a nice punch to the face. It gives me irrational thoughts and urges here are ten irrational thoughts and urges people have when they are under this feeling.
- Mistakes are never acceptable. If I make one, it means that I am incompetent.
- When somebody disagrees with me, it is a personal attack against me.
- To be content in life, I must be liked by all people.
- My true value as an individual depends on what others think of me.
- If I am not involved in an intimate relationship, I am completely alone.
- There is no grey area. Success is black and failure is white.
- Nothing ever turns out the way you want it to.
- If the outcome was not perfect, it was a complete failure.
- I am in absolute control of my life. If something bad happens, it is my fault.
- The past always repeats itself. If it was true then, it must be true now.
And these thoughts are what causes me to lose all my relationships. Getting a boyfriend isn’t the hard part getting them to stay can be easy controlling these thoughts and feeling is the hard part. A good friend and I have had many talks about this feeling. We have talk how to handle it how to ignore it. The best thing to do is let it out next time you are alone and you can’t hurt anyone or mess anything up. It may seem like an obvious answer but its harder then one would thing to “control,” but trust me it will save a lot of thing from exploding.