What is your strategy when you “fall off track?”
I just came back from a mini-tour with my band (Her Grace The Duchess). It is so challenging to stay on track on the road. I thrive on green food. When I don’t have my green veggies I start to feel like I am wilting—can anyone relate?
Today I want to introduce you to my hero: Wheatgrass!
This is the one thing that saved me this trip. I even got my band-mates on the wheatgrass train and they loved it!
The Magic Power of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass is liquid sunshine! A true Super Medicine. Wheatgrass makes me feel like I just washed my face from the inside out. Heehee.
Check out just a few of its unique, powerful benefits:
- Wheatgrass can pick up more than ninety minerals out of the estimated 102 found in rich soil.
- It is abundant in all eight essential amino acids. Essential amino acids are called essential because they cannot be synthesized by the body; they must be obtained through diet. They function to transmit nerve cells to the brain.
- Cleanses the body of toxins and purifies the liver.
- Alkalizing–due to alkalizing minerals: magnesium, potassium, calcium. Some nutritionists call potassium the youth mineral because it has been known to firm skin and improve muscle tone.
- Helps those with slow digestion or gastrointestinal inflammation.
- Regulates blood sugar levels. It is a stable energy.
Convinced yet? If so, then you are probably wondering where to get some of this potent, “youthenizing” Superhero. Here are three options:
- Local juice bars such as Jamba Juice; go for the double shot (approximately 2 oz.).
- Buy a flat at your health food store or sprout your own wheatgrass from wheatberries.
- Buy the frozen cubes from Evergreen. Place two to three cubes in a blender with a splash of tangerine or orange juice. Blend until smooth.