As reported by ABC News, President Elect Barack Obama doesn’t get in quite as much time at the gym as he would like, but he still manages to be fairly consistent. “Most of my workouts have to come before my day starts,” he said. “There’s always a trade-off between sleep and working out. Usually I get in about forty-five minutes, six days a week. I’ll lift [weights] one day, do cardio the next. I wish I was getting a ninety-minute workout.”
If one of the busiest men in the world can manage to get in a workout six days per week, what’s your excuse for not exercising?
Here is a twenty-minute body weight circuit that you can do at home that will rev up your metabolism in no time:
- Body weight squat (10 to 20 reps)
- Push-up (10 to 20 reps). Do it on your knees if you must.
- Reverse lunge (10 reps per leg)
- Plank (30 second hold)
- Close-grip push-up (10 to 20 reps)
- Side plank (20 second hold per side)
- Mountain climber (10 reps per side)
Do this with no rest between exercises. Rest one minute at the end of the complete circuit and repeat up to three times.
If you are a beginner, do fewer reps and take longer rests.
Train hard, stay strong, and no excuses allowed!