More
Close

Casey K

Casey K's picture

Casey K

<p>Hi, there.&nbsp; I&rsquo;m Casey, and I&rsquo;m a stay at home mom.&nbsp; After teaching for 6 years at a high school in Phoenix, I had my sweet son and decided to trade my paychecks for time with my boy.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br /> <br /> I know there are plenty of us stay at home moms out here, organizing play dates in hopes that the hostess will offer a glass of wine, mucking through the boredom of the 300<sup>th</sup> round of Candyland, and giving our little ones the chance to teach&nbsp;us about love, joy, and the freedom of swinging with our eyes closed.&nbsp;</p> <p>Stay-at-home mothers are neither martyrs nor housekeepers; we are the same friends and wives we used to be.&nbsp; We&rsquo;ve simply gained a new ingenuity, an increased arsenal of patience, and immunity to the unique brand of humiliation that accompanies the process of strapping into a breast pump harness.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And, of course, we may have gained a few extra inches. As a stay at home mother, I've&nbsp;learned&nbsp;that the good days always outnumber the bad.&nbsp; All those diapers! All those loads of laundry! All that poop!&nbsp; Those are not chores; they are the tiny acts of love that our children will one day repay to the universe, to the people with whom they will eventually choose to share their lives.&nbsp;</p> <p>I&nbsp;am still giddily happy with my son and my husband ... about 90% of the&nbsp;time.&nbsp; There's&nbsp;wine for the other 10%.<br /> <br /> Check out my blog at&nbsp;<a rel="nofollow" href="http://modernstayathomemom.wordpress.com/">http://modernstayathomemom.wordpress.com/</a><br /> <br /> <br /> &nbsp;</p>

Stories by Casey K

My coworkers looked at me like I was crazy when I announced that I would be leaving the high school to stay at home with my son. I’d been...
Dear new stay at home mom, Here are a few signs that you’re ready to enlist the help of a trusted babysitter and do something on your own...
During the first month or two with a new baby, it’s easy for a new mother to bench her husband from the game. I certainly did. To some extent,...
At around 9 p.m. on a Friday, your child will spike a fever, begin vomiting, or get a concussion. Assuming there aren’t actually any massive...
All too often, I find myself in situations that could be vastly improved by the presence and guidance of Tim Gunn.  He’d talk me out of...